Sunday, August 19, 2007

Pass the Peas, Please!

Something had to give. I have taste buds too, you know. Tonight, as Mom and Dad sat around munching on wontons and soup and such at the Ming Garden, I decided to let them know that I was interested. I stuck my fingers in their water glasses. I dragged their plates across the table. I clanged my teeny tooth on a spoon. I reached for every single thing they ate... and you know what? As soon as we got home I got to eat PEAS!

Getting what I wanted was really easy... almost too easy... hmmm....

Oh, glorious peas. They're green. In puree form they slide right down. And most importantly, they have flavor! Sweet, glorious flavor!

Plus, when I eat peas, I look like I have a funny green goatee, whatever that is. Dad says it looks like the creature from the Blue Lagoon got his beard trimmed, but I've never been to a lagoon and peas are green so I don't know what he's talking about.

Dad goes back to work tomorrow. He's acting kind of weird--I think it's called sad. But he says that he'll play with me extra at night and everything will be okay.

No comments: