Sunday, April 1, 2007

What's a fool, anyway?

For that matter, what's this April thing everyone's talking about? Dad says that I should say a whole bunch of stuff that isn't true but sounds true for the holiday today, but why would I lie on Palm Sunday? That's just silly. He's been playing practical jokes on me all day. Here's a picture of my reaction to one of his jokes:


Today, when we went to church, the priest was reading palms. Apparently he only does it once a year, but I remember something from Psalms last time, so I don't know if that's the same or not. As a parting gift, we took home part of a tree!

I almost forgot to tell everyone: my umbilical cord fell off about a week ago! It was old and crusty and I was happy to finally be rid of it. The darn thing stopped feeding me every since I decided to come outside and play. I think it was mad at me. Interesting fact, though: my belly button is actually a button! It must be true because Mom said so, and Dad likes when I say that because he says it's funny for April Fool's Day. I hope that the thread is really strong because I wouldn't want it to fall off--it's really cute!

Dad says that I shouldn't be baring my midriff for pictures on the internet, but I have to share. That is an adorable belly, if I do say so myself!

Mom's investment club invited me over for a meeting and they unanimously voted me the new president. My responsibilities don't begin until 2025, but I think they'll let me pick stocks before then.

Mom and Dad's friends Ted and Marta came over to visit. They brought a special chair for me that's squishy and purple. It's a little big still but I told them that I didn't mind. I'll eat extra to make it fit.

Well, I have to go tuck Mom and Dad into bed now. Dad keeps crying because he has to go to something called work tomorrow. He's such a big baby. I hope he doesn't keep me up all night.

4 comments:

GrandmaD said...

Thanks for the great picutes. You do have a cute belly and such a beautiful face. Grandma wishes she was there to give you a hug and kiss. You are sure growing up fast.

GrandmaJ said...

Hope you and Mom can get along OK without Dad there to help. He'll be home after work and give you both lots of hugs and kisses.

Unknown said...

Lisa!!!!

She is so beautiful. I am so happy for both you and Ron! I'm sure that you are having such an amazing time with your little girl. Cherish every moment. Addison can't wait to meet Madeleine!

Gail said...

Can't wait to see you when Mom and Dad bring you to DU. You should take the tour because you'll probably attend DU in 18 years. :)

See you when you get here!

Mom and Dad, can ya tell I'm having fun blogging with Maddie? Her blog is great!