Friday, June 27, 2008

I saw the sign...

Oh, by the way, some people were wondering if I'm still going to use sign language after my snails get back to work.

YOU BET! I know more than 25 signs now and there's no turning back. I'll always be deaf, especially when I'm swimming (I can't get the outside part wet--you know, the batteries and microphone stuff) or skydiving or sleeping. If I don't keep signing, I'll have a really hard time communicating with people in those situations.

Plus, Mom says there's nothing bad about knowing two languages, maybe even more! I still want to connect with other Deaf people like me, and not all of them have special snail wranglers.

1 comment:

GrandmaD said...

Hello sweet Madeleine,
I'm glad to hear you will still use signs. I think it is so wonderful that you will be able to talk in more than one language and I know the people that only use sign language will be so happy they an talk to you. Sometimes people tell Grandma D she talks too softly and they can't hear her so signs can help others in those times too. Keep learning more signs. Love you, Grandma and Grandpa D.